Here are the instructions to update your address and/or household size on your health insurance plan! Note, address and/or family size changes may impact the pricing and availability of your plan. Be sure to complete all steps of this process to ensure your change is enacted and fully updated!
For Stride members living in a Healthcare.gov state: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Hew Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio Oklahoma Pennsylvania South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Log into your Stride account here: https://www.stridehealth.com/login
- Select “Update Application”
3. For family size changes, click through to the household page and enter your new family members. You'll be required to resubmit the full application and answer various questions about your new additions such as SSN, income, date of birth, etc. Have that information on hand!
4. For address changes, click through to the home address page, submit your new address, and then continue to verify the rest of the information on your application.
5. Continue clicking through the application all the way to "Summary"
6. If everything looks good, click to Eligibility Attestation
7. Eligibility results: Next you will see your new plan price and eligibility based on your newly entered income!
8. If everything looks good, click to the next page and e-sign to finalize your new plan price!
Or call Healthcare.gov at 1-800-318-2596 and request to “report a change” yourself. Once the representative there verifies your identity, they’ll be able to help you report a change over the phone.
For folks in California
You can simply head to your Stride Dashboard and select “View plan info” and then “Change Plan.” From there you can select which updates you’d like to make and our member experience team will reach out to you to collect more information. Then we will report the change to Covered California on your behalf!
You can also call Covered California directly at (800) 300-1506 and a representative there can help process any updates over the phone.
Please keep in mind that most updates need to be made by the 15th of the month in order to go into effect the first of the following month. If you haven’t heard back from our team within our regular business hours, we recommend that you reach out to Covered California directly.
If you live in a state with its own health insurance exchange:
If you live in a state with its own health insurance exchange, you will want to log into your exchange account and “report a change.”
If you have an off exchange health plan
You'll need to contact your health insurance company directly to report the change!