Has your average income changed recently? If so, you may qualify for a larger premium tax credit that could lower your plan price. You should update your health application immediately so your plan price may adjust for the following month. Instructions on how to calculate your income are here.
You can report a change in your household income at any time by logging into your Stride dashboard or contacting your health insurance exchange directly. See below for location-specific instructions based on the state you live in.
For Stride members living in a Healthcare.gov state: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Otherwise, please follow the below instructions to make changes to your health insurance application.
- First, log into your Stride account here through the Stride dashboard
- Click on your health insurance card under "My Benefits"
- Select the "Learn more" link under the "Manage Your Plan and Application" section
- Tap on the blue "Update my application" button under the following text:
"By updating your application with Healthcare.gov you might be eligible for more subsidies or qualified to replace your existing plan with a new one. Updating your application is easy, it takes about 10 minutes. Here are some of the most common updates:
- Income changes, making you newly eligible (or ineligible) for subsidies
- You marital status changes
- Adding a new family member, like a newborn
- New address
- Gain of status as a Native American Indian"
- Click through your application, until you reach the section "Income and deductions."
- Update this section and add your new income!
- Continue clicking through the application all the way to "Summary"
- If everything looks good, click through the Eligibility Attestation screen and type in your name as an "electronic signature"
- Eligibility results: Next you will see your new plan price and eligibility based on your newly entered income!
- If everything looks good, click to the next page and e-sign again to finalize your new plan price!
If you live in California:
If you live in California, you can simply head to your Stride dashboard and select update income. Since your plan is administered in part through Covered California, the income will need to be updated within the Covered California system. Once you select this option, Stride will update your information on your behalf and reach out with a confirmation email!
Not a Stride member? 1) Log in to your Covered California account and 2) select "Report a Change" or call the exchange directly at (800) 300-1506.
If you live in a state with its own health insurance exchange:
If you live in a state with its own health insurance exchange, you will want to log into your exchange account and “report a change.”
Will my income change the cost of my plan?
Maybe! If your income goes down, your subsidies will increase and your monthly plan price will be lower!
If your income increases, you may see a decrease in subsidies and a higher plan price.
What if I'm determined to be eligible for Medicaid?
If your income goes down to a certain point, you may be eligible for Medicaid, which is low-cost or free health coverage.
If you receive a Medicaid notice as a result of your income change, this link is a great place to start to get more information: Medicaid.gov
Each state has its own Medicaid programs. Follow this link to communicate with your state: "How to" information by state for Medicaid and CHIP