Please review this guide to understand what to expect in the coming weeks.
- What is the status of my enrollment?
How do I make a payment?
- We sent your billing information with your application. Be sure ti check your credit/debit account to make sure your premium has been charged before the start of the month. Your insurance company may take the first payment at any time so we can’t say for certain when they will do so.
- If it’s been more than a week since you've completed your application and you don’t see a charge, you’ll have to call your insurance company to make the payment. You may have to skip through the automated options since you don’t have your ID number yet.
How do I get my ID card?
- After first payment is processed, allow 5-7 business days for your insurance company to send your welcome packet and ID card. If you need access to your ID immediately, you can try creating an account on your insurance company's member portal. You may need your insurance ID number to create an account, so you may have to call the insurance company to find out what it is.
How do I create an account on my insurance company's website?
- Usually you’ll have to wait 4 or 5 days after submitting your application before you're able to create an account, since your insurance company takes a few days to receive the information from your state insurance marketplace and process the enrollment.
What does the pink banner at the top of my Stride dashboard mean?
- This banner notification means your state insurance marketplace is requesting documents to verify your information. Most likely you are receiving financial assistance from the government to make your plan more affordable in the form of a tax credit called the Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC).
- Be sure to click on the pink banner and follow the instructions by the deadline listed.
- Note: even after you upload documents, the pink banner is going to remain on your dashboard until the deadline. But if you uploaded your documents, no further action is needed! Just be on the lookout for any follow-up emails from Stride or your state insurance marketplace.
Where can I find a summary of my plan benefits?
- Your insurance company will send you a summary of your plan benefits in your welcome packet. You can also check your insurance company's website for the most accurate version.
How do I make updates to my plan?
How do I cancel my plan?
Follow the instructions here to cancel your plan.
- Remember, November & December is Open Enrollment and you’ll be able to shop again, but if you cancel a plan from January-October you may not be able to enroll again until the next Open Enrollment in November 2024.
- Follow the instructions here to cancel your plan.