To add someone to your application , select the option to "Add a family member" at the bottom of the page. Next, you will enter their name, sex, date of birth, SSN, and marital status.
Make sure the circle containing the check mark is green. This indicates that they will be included in your health plan. If you click on the green circle with the checkmark next to their name, you have selected that this person is in your household but will not be included in your health plan.
If you added one too many people to your application, you will need to log out and restart the application and create a new account with a different email. Once you select a plan and begin your application, you will not be able to go back and remove anyone that was initially added in your health profile.
If you are having trouble removing or adding family members and/or dependents on your application, follow these instructions! An example of this might be a husband, wife, or parent showing incorrectly when it is supposed to just say "myself." The steps to correct your household will vary based on you which state you're applying from, so see below for more information!
- If you are applying in most states:
- You'll want to click through to your application and navigate to the household page. On that page, you will then remove the dependents or family members you are trying to take off
- Then head back to our home page and restart the selection process with the correct amount of people! See image below.
- For California, Washington, and any off-exchange members:
- You will need to create a new account with Stride under a different email address. Unfortunately in this situation, the only solution is a new account. If this is an issue for you, please reach out to Stride and we'll help you through it!
- If you are a member that has been sent to Healthcare.gov to continue your application:
- You will need to remove folks from your application on Healthcare.gov. On Healthcare.gov's Eligibility Results page, click "Continue enrolling on Healthcare.gov" instead of "Return to enrollment partner site."
- From there you'll be able to edit your application directly.
Please feel free to contact Stride directly if you have any questions about this process! See below for examples!
For most states this is the page you'll want to navigate to:
If you're sent to Healthcare.gov, here is the household page you'll want to find: