Can I apply if I don't have a Social Security number?
Yes, you can apply if you’re lawfully present even without a Social Security number (SSN) as long as one of the following is true:
- You’ve applied for a SSN
- You don’t qualify for a SSN due to your immigration status
- You do not want to provide your SSN for religious reasons
If your family member doesn't have a social security number, they can still be included in your plan if they have lawful immigration status.
If you or a family member don't provide an SSN on your application, you’ll need to provide appropriate documentation within 90 days.
- Link: Apply For Your Social Security Number While Applying For Your Work Permit
- Link: How do I apply for a new or replacement Social Security number card?
How to apply without a Social Security number
If you're applying in most states directly on the Stride site:
- When you reach the "Personal Info" page of the application, click the circle that says "This applicant doesn't have a SSN."
If you're applying in California, you'll need to apply over the phone with Stride to enroll in health insurance if you or a family member does not have a Social Security number. We'll assist you in navigating the application.
- If you live in CA, you can also contact Covered California at (800) 300-1506 for assistance.
If you enroll directly with your exchange and would like to keep Stride as your broker of record, you'll provide them with this information:
- Our broker name (our CEO and agent of record’s name): Noah Lang
- Our National Producer Number (NPN): 17068737