Can I apply if I don't have a Social Security number?
Yes, you can apply if you’re lawfully present even without a Social Security number (SSN) as long as one of the following is true:
- You’ve applied for a SSN
- You don’t qualify for a SSN due to your immigration status
- You do not want to provide your SSN for religious reasons
If your family member doesn't have a social security number, they can still be included on your plan if they have lawful immigration status.
If you or a family member don't provide an SSN on your application, you’ll need to provide appropriate documentation within 90 days.
- Link: Apply For Your Social Security Number While Applying For Your Work Permit
- Link: How do I apply for a new or replacement Social Security number card?
How to apply without a Social Security number
You must apply over the phone in order to enroll in health insurance if you or a family member does not have a Social Security number. You cannot complete an application on the Stride website.
Who to contact if you or a member of your household lacks a social security number:
- You can reach Stride at 415-938-4838
- If you live in CA, the contact information for Covered California is: (800) 300-1506
- If you live outside of CA, the contact number for Healthcare.gov is: 1-800-318-2596
If you enroll directly with your exchange and would like to keep Stride as your broker of record, you'll this information:
- Our broker name (our CEO and agent of record’s name): Noah Lang
- Our National Producer Number (NPN): 17068737
Don't hesitate to reach out to us via email at email@example.com