Submit one of the documents below if you need to confirm that your job-based coverage isn’t qualifying health coverage.
The most common documentation for proof of eligibility for minimum essential job-based coverage includes:
- Letter or other documentation from an employer or other documentation with this information:
- Statement that the employer doesn’t currently offer you (or your family member) coverage
- Statement that the employer doesn’t provide coverage that isn’t qualifying health coverage
- Statement showing the cost of your share of the premium for the lowest-cost self-only plan that meets the minimum value standard (factoring in wellness incentives), if offered
- Health insurance letter that contains confirmation of health coverage and expiration dates for coverage received outside of the Marketplace
If you cannot provide a copy of these documents, please see below for other approved documents:
- Completed Employer Coverage Tool (PDF) and a cover letter signed by the employer
For an official complete list of documents, please click here.