What documentation can I submit for proof of citizenship?

The most common documentation for proof of citizenship is a U.S. Passport.

You can submit your documentation in one of two ways:

  1. Scan (or take a high quality photo or screenshot of) your documentation and send to support@stridehealth.com.
  2. Reply by mail directly to the Marketplace with any requested information.

If you cannot provide a copy of your U.S. Passport, please see below for a full list of approved documents:

  • U.S. Passport
  • Certificate of Naturalization (N-550/N-570)
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N-560/N-561)
  • State-issued enhanced driver's license (available in Michigan, New York, Vermont, and Washington)
  • Document from federally recognized Indian tribe that includes your name and the name of the federally recognized Indian tribe that issued the document, and shows your membership, enrollment, or affiliation with the tribe. Documents you can provide include:
    • A Tribal enrollment card
    • A Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
    • A Tribal census document
    • Documents on Tribal letterhead signed by a Tribal official

If you don’t have any of the documents above, you can provide 2 documents – one from each list below:

List #1:

  • U.S. public birth certificate
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240, CRBA)
  • Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
  • U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-197 or the prior version I-179)
  • Northern Mariana Card (I-873)
  • Final adoption decree showing the person’s name and U.S. place of birth
  • U.S. Civil Service Employment Record showing employment before June 1, 1976
  • Military record showing a U.S. place of birth
  • U.S. medical record from a clinic, hospital, physician, midwife or institution showing a U.S. place of birth
  • U.S. life, health or other insurance record showing U.S. place of birth
  • Religious record showing U.S. place of birth recorded in the U.S.
  • School record showing the child’s name and U.S. place of birth
  • Federal or State census record showing U.S. citizenship or U.S. place of birth
  • Documentation of a foreign-born adopted child who received automatic U.S. citizenship (IR3 or IH3)

List #2:

  • Driver's license issued by a State or Territory or ID card issued by the Federal, state, or local government
  • School identification card
  • U.S. military card or draft record or Military dependent’s identification card
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
  • Voter Registration Card
  • A clinic, doctor, hospital, or school record, including preschool or daycare records (for children under 19 years old)
  • 2 documents containing consistent information that proves your identity, like employer IDs, high school and college diplomas, marriage certificates, divorce decrees, property deeds, or titles
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk