American Rescue Plan Special Enrollment Period: Individuals seeking health insurance can enroll through Stride from 2/15 - 8/15. No qualifying event is required to qualify. Click here to get started!
Outside of this period, there are a handful of special circumstances and life events that could qualify you for a Special Enrollment period. This begins 60 days before the trigger event and lasts 60 days after the trigger event date.
The most common qualifying events include:
- You or a dependent lose job-based coverage
- You are no longer Medicaid eligible
- You get married or divorced
- You have a baby, or adopt
- You are turning 26 and aging off your parent's plan
- You permanently move out of state and gain access to new plans
- You gained access to an individual coverage HRA or a Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) in the past 60 days or expect to in the next 60 days.
- You gain US citizenship
- You are or gain status as a Native American Indian
- Your income changes significantly, making you newly eligible (or ineligible) for subsidies
If you have a baby, adopt a child, or place a child for foster care: Your coverage can start the day of the event – even if you enroll in the plan up to 60 days afterward.
For other qualifying events, plans start on the first of the month following purchase of health insurance.