Even though your plan will take effect on the 1st of the month, Renaissance places an "on-hold" status on every newly enrolled individual until their initial premium is deducted from their account on the 5th day of the following month from which they enroll. This means you will NOT be able to submit any claims through Renaissance until your initial premium payment is deducted.
Need to use your insurance before the 5th of the month?
Initially, we advise that you please allow 2-3 business days for your application to be processed by Renaissance and VSP, during which time your online portal will likely not be available.
Once your application has been processed, you'll need to register through Renaissance's Account Manager website and complete your initial premium right away.
You can complete this payment directly in your online Renaissance member portal by following these instructions below:
- Visit Renaissance's online member portal here
- Register using your first name, last name, date of birth, and social security number, then select "Subscriber" if you're the primary on the plan
- Click "Proceed to Register"
- Once logged in, select the "Payment" option at the top of the page
- Then follow the steps to "Edit" autopay or "Make a Payment"
If you would prefer to do this over the phone, you can also call Renaissance directly at (888) 791-5995.