Open Enrollment is the only time of year that you can apply for health insurance without a special qualifying life event and runs from November 1st through January 15th in most states.
- For coverage starting 1/1/2023, members will want to complete their enrollments between 11/1 and 12/15/2022.
- For coverage starting 2/1/2023, members will want to complete their enrollments between 12/16 and 1/15/2023.
There are a few exceptions to this rule:
1. You may apply for coverage sooner if you have a special qualifying life event such as losing job-based coverage. If you have experienced a qualifying life event, you may be able to enroll in coverage starting as early as December 1st during November 2022.
- To apply for a plan starting Dec 1st on Stride, you must have a qualifying life event and you must live in a state that uses the federally facilitated marketplace, Healthcare.gov. If you live in a state that operates its own insurance marketplace, you must apply for a plan starting Dec 1st directly through the state's website.
- You can see the full list of qualifying events here: How can I get coverage outside of open enrollment?
Article is closed for comments.