If you moved within the last 60 days and lost coverage, you can apply for a new plan! This is a qualifying event and will allow you to apply for new health insurance through the marketplace.
There are some important factors to consider when applying for the "moving" qualifying life event:
- You need to apply by the 15th of the month for your new plan to start at the beginning of the next month on the 1st. If you apply after the 15th of the month, your plan will start on the 1st of the following month.
- As an example, if you need a new plan in your new location starting December 1st, you would need to apply on Stride by November 15th at the latest. If you applied on any date between November 16th and November 30th, your plan would start on January 1st.
- You'll need to cancel your current plan the month before in order for it to effect on the 1st. As an example, if you'd like your plan to end on December 1st you'd need to cancel by November 30th.
- Depending on which state you're moving to, you may be able to simply update your application through your Stride Dashboard by changing your address. This will generate new eligibility results and give you an opportunity to purchase a new plan via your original application!
Note: Your move must be considered permanent, with the intent to reside in your new location.
Qualified moves include:
- Moving to a new place in a new ZIP code or county
- Moving to the U.S. from another country or United States territory
- If you're a student, moving to or from the place you attend school
- If you're a seasonal worker, moving to or from the place you both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
If you previously had job-based insurance, Stride can help you apply through the marketplace and find out if you qualify for premium tax credit subsidies. You can also purchase dental and vision insurance at any time.
Did you have another life change and/or lose your health insurance? Head here to see if you qualify for a Special Enrollment.
Simply head to Stride and enter your zip code to get started!