All Dashers who earn $600 or more within a calendar year will receive a 1099-NEC via Doordash’s partnerships with Stripe and Payable.com. The 1099-NEC (short for “Non-Employee Compensation") is used to report direct payment of $600 or more from a company for your services.
For the 2020 tax year, Payable.com invitations were sent out via e-mail between Saturday, January 9th — Tuesday, January 12th.
- In your Payable account (once created), you had until 1/22/2021 to elect your delivery preference (e-delivery or mail delivery). If you did not select your delivery option by 1/22, then Doordash will automatically mail your 1099-NEC to the address on file by February 1st and you’ll receive it within 3-5 business days of February 1st.
- If you chose e-delivery as your delivery preference, you will receive an e-mail from Stripe with a secure link where you can download your 1099.
You can read more about Common Dasher Tax Questions here.
Again, please note Doordash will only provide a 1099-NEC if you received a direct payment of $600 or more for your services
If you don't meet this requirement, then you'll need to use another method for retrieving your yearly income information such as bank statements, account summaries, or other company communications indicating payments.
- If you do not receive a 1099, you still must report your income when filing taxes!
- Doordash’s platform has an “Earnings” tab where you can review your weekly and monthly earnings.
If you have any 1099-specific questions (especially if you didn’t receive a Payable.com invite or if you do not receive an electronic copy or physical copy of your 1099-NEC by February 8, 2021), we recommend reaching out to Doordash directly.
- Doordash can be reach via phone at 855-973-1040 or through their support team here.
- You can also view their Help Center for Dashers here.