How do I report my Uber income?

Uber reports your income to you on your 1099-K, and potentially a 1099-MISC as well (if you had income from bonuses and referrals). When you file your taxes, you’ll need to include those income totals on a Schedule C. The Schedule C is an additional form that you send in with your tax return that reports your business income, as well as your business deductions.

If you’re using a tax filing software--like TurboTax or Credit Karma Tax--to file your taxes, you’ll report that you have income that was reported on a 1099-K and/or a 1099-MISC. If you received income in referrals and incentives but not enough to receive a 1099-MISC, you can check your Uber Tax Summary for this income, and then report it as "Other income" on your Schedule C.

If you’re filling out your tax return by hand, you’ll include your 1099 income totals in Part I of your Schedule C.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk