Renaissance has three options for coverage:
- Bundled Dental & Vision
- Stand Alone Dental
- Stand Alone Vision
And has a rule of having the same number of people on each plan.
Since through Stride, members can submit enrollments unevenly Renaissance will end up splitting these members into separate enrollments to fit this policy regulation.
If you submitted an application on Stride with multiple family members and an uneven number of you were enrolled into a dental or vision plan then it is likely your enrollments have been separated.
This happens because, during the application process on Stride, an individual can enroll themself and their family in a dental or vision plan unevenly.
Example: You enrolled 3 of your family members into a dental plan and only 1 of them into a vision plan during your enrollment. What will happen in this situation is that the family members that enrolled in dental only will be placed in a plan together. While the individual that enrolled in dental and vision will be enrolled in their own bundled plan.
What should you do if this happens?
Make sure to register each individual of your family through Renaissance or VSP's online member portal to update your billing if necessary and to determine which members are enrolled together or separately.
To register through Renaissance's Account Manager website click here and do the following:
- Register using your first name, last name, date of birth, and social security number, then select "Subscriber" if you're the primary on the plan
- Click "Proceed to Register"
- Once logged in, you should be able to see which family members are included in your plan
- Note: Whoever is not included here likely is enrolled in a separate plan and should complete registration separately
- You'll also see an option to "View and Print Member ID Card" on the top right-hand side
- Note: Renaissance only issues ID cards under the primary's name. If there are multiple members on a single plan, such as a family or married couple, their ID card will only list the primary's name.
- If updating your billing information is necessary, select the "Payment" option at the top of the page
- Then follow the steps to "Edit" autopay or "Make a Payment"
To register through VSP's site click here and do the following:
- Enter your first name, last name, date of birth, and last the four digits of your social security number
- Enter the email address that you used to enroll in your plan through Stride
- For username, you can enter your email address again, and create a password
- Log in and go to the "Member Details" section to find your member ID
- If updating your billing information is necessary, you'll need to register through Renaissance's account manager website. Guidance is provided above.