While federal and state governments have coordinated with providers and insurance companies to make COVID-19 testing free, there have been reported instances of folks receiving surprise bills from doctors and hospitals.
What to know:
- People around the country are wrongfully receiving bills for COVID-19 related testing a treatment.
- If you receive a surprise bill, dispute it.
I received a massive bill. What do I do next?
1) Call your insurance company. Let them know what happened.
2) Call a representative from your local government or call your local news organization. You have protection under the law and there are people in your community who will listen.
3) Unsure what to do next? Send an email to us at support@stridehealth and we'll point you in the right direction.