If you moved within the last 60 days and lost coverage, you can apply for a new plan! This is a qualifying event and will allow you apply for new health insurance through the marketplace.
If you have this 'moving' qualifying event, you need to apply by 15th of the month for your new plan to start at the beginning of the next month on the 1st. If you apply after 15th of the month, your plan will start the 1st of the following month.
Note: Your move must be considered permanent, with the intent to reside in your new location.
Qualified moves include:
- Moving to a new place in a new ZIP code or county
- Moving to the U.S. from a another country or United States territory
- If you're a student, moving to or from the place you attend school
- If you're a seasonal worker, moving to or from the place you both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
If you previously had job based insurance, Stride can help you apply through the marketplace and find out if you qualify for premium tax credit subsidies. You can also purchase dental and vision insurance at the time.
Did you have another life change and/or lose your health insurance? Head here to see if you qualify for a Special Enrollment.
Simply head to stridehealth.com and enter your zip code to get started!