If you moved within the last 60 days and lost coverage, you can apply for a new plan! This is a qualifying event and will allow you apply for new health insurance through the marketplace.
If you have this 'moving' qualifying event, you need to apply by 3/15 for your new plan to start at the beginning of the next month on 4/1. If you apply after 3/15, your plan will start the following month on 5/1!
Note: Your move must be considered permanent, with the intent to reside in your new location. There is some flexibility with this, so contact us at (415) 938-4838 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you're unsure.
Qualified moves include:
- Moving to a new place in a new ZIP code or county
- Moving to the U.S. from a another country or United States territory
- If you're a student, moving to or from the place you attend school
- If you're a seasonal worker, moving to or from the place you both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
If you previously had job based insurance, Stride can help you apply through the marketplace and find out if you qualify for premium tax credit subsidies. You can also purchase dental and vision insurance at the time.
Did you have another life change and/or lose your health insurance? Head here to see if you qualify for a Special Enrollment.
Simply head to stridehealth.com and enter your zip code to get started!
Not sure if you qualify? Ask for Help in our chat window or call (415) 938-4838 to talk with an agent who can help find out if you qualify!