Your identity verification is based on your available credit report. However, if you don’t have enough recent credit, the system will not be able to ask you specific enough questions and will be unable to verify your identity.
Not to worry! If the identity verification fails you will just need to upload a personal document such as a driver's license and call Stride to have us verify it manually over the phone!
Here is a list of documents you can upload:
- Driver’s license issued by state or territory.
- School ID card.
- Voter registration card.
- U.S. military card or draft record.
- ID card issued by the federal, state, or local government.
- U.S. passport or U.S. passport card.
- More document options can be found —> here!
If you don’t have any of the above documents you can submit two of these:
- U.S. public birth certificate.
- Social Security card.
- Marriage certificate.
- Divorce decree.
- Employer ID card.
- High school or college diploma (including high school equivalency diplomas).
- Property deed or title
After you upload your documents and have Stride verify them over the phone by calling the number on the page sometime between M-F 9am-5pm PST, you will be all set to continue your application!