People who you need to include in your household, regardless of whether they need health insurance, include:
- Any spouse
- Any sons or daughters, including stepchildren, who you claim as tax dependents
- Any other qualifying dependent
You’ll want to include everyone applying for the plan and anyone else who is included on your federal tax return, even if they do not need coverage!
People who you should not include in your application:
- Any unrelated people who live in the same physical household
- Any sons or daughters who you do not claim as dependents on your federal tax returns
- Any adult parents or adult siblings who live in the same household, unless you claim them as dependents
These folks will need to fill out their own separate application if they want to apply for health insurance.