In order to apply for coverage outside the Open Enrollment period, you must experience a qualifying life event that entitles you to a special enrollment period, which lasts for 60 days before or after the trigger event. The most common qualifying events include:
- You or a dependent lose job-based coverage
- You get married, have a baby, or adopt
- You gain US citizenship
- Your income changes significantly, making you newly eligible (or ineligible) for subsidies
- You permanently move out of state and your previous coverage is not available in your new area
- You are or gain status as a Native American Indian
It is very important to know what is and what isn't a "Qualifying Event." If you mistakingly think you have a qualifying event when in actuality you do not, it can prevent you from getting coverage until the "Open Enrollment" period, leaving a gap in your protection. Healthcare.gov has a fantastic resource for determining if you have a "Qualifying Event."
To purchase health insurance during the "Special Enrollment Period", go through the same process as you normally would on Stride. On the application page, select your “Qualifying Event.” We’ll email you after your purchase with directions on how to supply your new insurance company with written proof of that event.