To cancel a plan for members in California:
- Simply head to your Dashboard and submit a cancellation request. First, an agent with our member experience team will reply asking you to verify the details of your health insurance plan. Next we'll proceed with the cancellation and follow up with a confirmation!
For cancellations in most other states:
- You can head to your Dashboard and submit a cancellation request or you can call your insurance company directly using the phone number on the back of your insurance card or on the carrier's website.
- We wish we could call on your behalf, but legally, cancellation of any health insurance plan requires your participation.
In order to make this happen, you'll need to:
- Verify your identity
- Specify the month that you'd like your coverage to end (e.g. at the end of this month)
- Ask for a confirmation number
To cancel a dental and/or vision policy:
- Head to your Dashboard and submit a cancellation request
- You can read more about Renaissance dental and vision cancellations here.
- It is possible to cancel your plan at any time, and important to do this if you're switching to a new plan to ensure that you're not double charged unintentionally.
- If you cancel coverage outside of the Open Enrollment period, be aware that you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment cycle to re-apply unless you have a qualifying life event.