If you're using an Android phone, you may have noticed that the Stride app hasn't been tracking your miles accurately. This is because Android has released a new device update that optimizes your phone's battery life... but kills any apps you're running in the background (like the Stride app!). Luckily, there are some steps you can take to keep the Stride app functioning:
In your phone settings menu, select the following options:
- Go to Apps and choose the Stride App.
- Under this app settings page, select "Battery"
- Under "Battery Optimization", select "All Apps"
- Scroll down to "S" and look for the Stride app again
- Choose the option, "Don't optimize" so that Stride can track your trips!
These options may vary across device types; if your device type is not compatible with these instructions, it might help to search "how to disable battery optimization" for your particular device!