What do I do with the 1095-A I just received?

You’ll use the information on your 1095-A to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit while filing your taxes. This is the form you’ll use to “reconcile your premium tax credit” and find out if there’s any difference between the government subsidy you received and the amount you qualify for.

You can see official IRS instructions on this process here, and a copy of the Form 8962 here. You'll need three key pieces of information, all found in Part III of the Form 1095-A:

  • Total monthly premiums: lines 21-32, column A
  • Second lowest cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) monthly: lines 21-32, column B
  • Advance payment of premium tax credit monthly: lines 21-32, column C
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk